Thursday, September 1, 2011

தேள் தேள் தேள் !!!

Have been trying to capture the constellation Scorpio for a long time and finally did it today :))

Scorpio (from Google, for reference):



















Sagittarius (from Google, for reference)














 
Here is the real Scorpio lying over the neighborhood houses with Sagittarius
(aka the teapot) to its left.
 


Ursa Major (from Google, for reference):














The real Ursa Major (aka Big Bear aka சப்தரிஷி ) rising over our house:


12 comments:

  1. Good photos....

    " இதில் தேன் என்ன கடிக்கும் தேள் என்ன ஞானப் பெண்ணே?
    வாழ்வின் பொருளென்ன.... நீ வந்த கதை என்ன? "

    தனுர் ராசியும் விருச்சிக ராசியும்தான் பதில் சொல்லணும்..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @JP
    Thanks.
    Forgot Saggi is தனுர் :)
    As I was posting, was thinking which Tamil song has the word தேள் in it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Siva, மிக்க மிக்க நன்றி :)

    @Vijay, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What a surprise :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. சப்த்ரிஷியில் வஷிட்டர் - அருந்ததி இவர்களைத் தனியாகப் photo
    எடுத்துப் போடவும்...

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more hit song which contains the word தேள் -

    " தீப்பிடிக்கத் தீப்பிடிக்க.."

    ReplyDelete
  6. @JP
    I have no idea which stars are வஷிட்டர் & அருந்ததி. Could you please name all the Rishis? Last time I showed அருந்ததி to Sheil was on June 4th, 1990 :)

    Thanks for the அட்டகாசமான " தீப்பிடிக்கத் தீப்பிடிக்க.." song ;)
    Here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9g-SjMPBiI

    ReplyDelete
  7. திருச்சி அருகே உள்ள லால்குடி சப்தகிரீச்வர் கோவிலில் கீழ கண்ட
    சப்த ரிஷிகள் தவம் இயற்றியதாக புராணம்:
    கௌதமர்
    புலத்தியர்
    வசிஷ்டர்
    மாரீசி
    ஆங்கிரசர்
    பிருகு &
    அத்ரி

    சப்தரிஷி மண்டல வாலில் உள்ள மூன்று நட்சத்திரத்தில் நடுவில் உள்ளதுதான் வசிஸ்டர்( Mizar ). கூர்ந்து கவனித்தால் அருந்ததி தெரியும். telescope ல் நன்றாகப் பார்க்கலாம்.

    ReplyDelete
  8. இன்னொரு தேள் பாட்டு ....

    என் வீட்டு கண்ணு குட்டி என்னோட மல்லு கட்டி என் மார்பில் முட்டுதடி கண்மணி என் கண்மணி.....
    தீ பட்ட காயத்துல தேள் வந்து கொட்டுதடி கண்மணி என் கண்மணி.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. @JP
    Fantastic! The connection between modern science and Vedic Astronomy/Astrology is fascinating!!! I have seen both வஷிட்டர் & அருந்ததி so many times through my telescope. It is one of the most famous fairs for star gazers.

    I found the following from a Wiki page:
    "Mizar is known as Vasistha and Alcor is known as Arundhati in Indian astrological books. "

    I haven't got the adapter to couple my new camera to my telescope. Once I do that, I will be able to capture "வஷிட்டர் & அருந்ததி " for you :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I meant "one of the most famous pairs" :)

    Also, தேள் பாட்டு data base is growing :)

    ReplyDelete