Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Selfie With Blue Angels !!!

Every year, around this time of the year, on a Friday I take my camera to work. Around 3 PM, I step out to the top floor balcony and watch the "Blue Angels". Blue Angels are US Navy's F/A-18 Hornet (Fighter and Attack) aircrafts. Since San Diego is at the edge of the Pacific, right from the year 1917, US Navy has a huge and strategic presence here and San Diego is also referred to as the Navy Town. The Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS), Miramar is very close to my office building. Being so close to MCAS means, I don't have to buy the tickets to watch the annual MCAS Miramar Air Show :)  This time, I tried to take as many closeup shots as possible and also tried a selfie with the Blue Angels !!! ;)

For the 1986 movie, "Top Gun" (with Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis) many scenes were filmed at MCAS and around San Diego. Link: Top Gun movie locations in San Diego
  


The view from the top floor balcony of my office building.
With few of my colleagues.

While waiting for the Blue Angels to show up.....the Amtrak train service from San Diego to Santa Barbara is one of the most scenic routes in the country.
The
train winds through San Diego canyons and goes along the Pacific. The service is aptly named, "Pacific Surfliner" !
Checkout: http://pacificsurfliner.com/




 



Right above my office building!

I could almost see the pilots !!!


Blue Angels.



Delta formation. At the limit of my tele-lens :)







This is the best selfie I could take with 3 Blue Angels !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment