Sunday, December 14, 2014

@Night: San Diego. Shooting, Shooting Stars !!!

The "Geminid Meteor Shower" peaked yesterday night. It was a clear, cool and crisp night. I had set up my camera at my backyard to take continuous, long exposure shots. After the recent rains in California, it felt more like the real winter and it was a chilly night. Every 30 minutes or so I stepped out in to the cold and would have seen around 10 meteors streaking by with few very bright ones. Out of the 296 frames the camera took, 3 of them had the streak of a meteor. I am very happy with my score of 3 out of 296 :) This is my first attempt at capturing a Meteor Shower.


December 13, 2014. 10:19 pm.

December 13, 2014. 10:59 pm.

December 13, 2014. 11:11 pm.
Love the clouds in this frame. Adds a nice character!
Cassiopeia (M shape) is at the center of the cloud.
Ursa Major (Subtharishi) is rising up  in the bottom right corner.
The Andromeda Galaxy is the tiny, hazy patch towards the top left.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment