Saturday, July 19, 2014

@Night: Yanahuara

At the Sacred Valley, we stayed at the "Casa Andina Private Collection" hotel for 2 nights. The hotel is located at Yanahuara (pronounced, "Yana Wara"), which is a small village between Ollantaytambo (blog post) and Urubamba.

The Casa Andina Private Collection hotel is surrounded by hills, spread out over a
large area with pleasing landscaping.
Just like I do in all the places I visit, I was ready with my tripod and camera to capture the night sky and
it turned out to be cloudy but beautiful.

Since it could rain anytime, there was a pot of umbrellas at each building!
I had better luck the next day/night with almost clear skies.  Before the trip , I was eagerly looking forward to
capture the southern hemisphere constellations (not visible even from San Diego). I was thrilled to capture
the "Southern Cross" constellation, which is towards the left top. The two bright stars above the
Southern Cross at an angle,  closer to the edge of the photo are Alpha Centauri and
Beta Centauri, from the constellation Centaurus.
June 13, 2014, 9:46 PM



No comments:

Post a Comment