Friday, October 18, 2013

My Own Miramar Air Show !

One of the iconic, annual San Diego events is the Miramar Air Show. The Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) is located in Miramar, which is very close to the Qualcomm campus. For the last 6 years, around October 1st week, some time during the afternoon, I step out on the 11th floor balcony of my office building to watch the Miramar Air Show.

Thanks to the US Government shutdown, this year the Miramar Air show was cancelled. Many San Diegans are angry and upset over the cancellation of the Air Show!

I took these photos last year and never posted them. Here is my own Miramar Air Show!!!

Balcony from where I took these photos on October 2012.
C-130 Cargo plane, fondly nicknamed as the "Fat Albert".
Blue Angels (F/A-18 Hornet) flying in very close formation over the beautiful San Diego mountains!

The pyramid is a furniture shopping complex.
These 2 Blue Angels buzzed right over my head !!!




No comments:

Post a Comment