The cab driver spoke only very little and broken English. We were on our way to our apartment from the train station in Vienna. He was very quiet until I asked him to recommend the best local beer. As if a switch was
turned on, he lit up and rattled off the names of all his favorite beers. He immediately opened up and started showing us the landmarks of Vienna describing them with
sign language and his funny & broken English! The girls were laughing at me and the driver trying to communicate. Immediately it dawned upon me that "Beer is the universal
language that brings together people instantly :))
Starting from the Nova Scotia trip we did in '95, I have developed the habit of tasting the local beer wherever I visit. I can never drink more than 1 glass of beer but absolutely enjoy trying out the local beer flavors.
Here is a sample for your future visit to these cities:
When I was studying at the University of Oklahoma, Norman - I had been to an Ale House near the University. They used to claim they have more than 100 beers from all over the world. I don't have any fotos from that time and they didn't have a website in 1989 :)) I searched online and found a similar one ( not the same ) that has more than 200 beers. Checkout their Beer Guide @ the link: McNellie's @ Norman, Oklahoma!!!
Starting from the Nova Scotia trip we did in '95, I have developed the habit of tasting the local beer wherever I visit. I can never drink more than 1 glass of beer but absolutely enjoy trying out the local beer flavors.
Here is a sample for your future visit to these cities:
| Enjoyed RUGEN BRAU @ Kleine-Scheidegg Train Station, Swiss- after the adventurous hike! Best Beer at the Best Location :)) |
| FELDSCHLOSSCHEN @ Bern, Swiss. |
| OTTAKRINGER HELLES - on the train from Luzern to Salzburg |
| ZUM MONART @ Salzburg |
| OTTAKRINGER @Vienna |
| PILSNER URQUELL @Praha |
![]() |
| Photo Credit: McNellie's @ Norman, OK. |
![]() |
| Photo Credit: McNellie's @ Norman, OK. |


No comments:
Post a Comment