Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Venus Transit

I am from Mars but I love Venus ;) Back to back to back astronomical events happened in the last few weeks, with Super Moon followed by Solar Eclipse followed by the June 5th, Venus Transit. I am not planning to be around for the next Venus Transit in the year 2117, just 105 years away :))

Slight hint of Venus at 1' o clock position. 3:20:31 pm

Just starting. 3:24:44 pm

4:17:50 pm

6:03:05 pm.

Tried couple of B&W shots, hoping for better contrast. 6:57:37 pm

Tried to get a tree in the Sun and ended up with at least some branches :)) 7:40:25 pm

With Sun setting behind a hill, Venus is still visible. 7:41:06 pm

6 comments:

  1. Looks like u have a dark spot in yr lens :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like it. I tried hard to clean it yesterday but couldn't. Today, it is all clean ;)

      Delete
  2. here goes two pics I liked

    http://imgur.com/gaF5c.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/CtnKJ.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, are these hand held shots???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camera on Tripod, with the 300mm lens covered with Solar filter :))

      Delete