Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ciudad Del Mar - Rosarito

Since 2007, every year, during her Christmas trip to San Diego, Asha used to bug us to take her to Mexico. Her motivation: "Shopping" ;)). This year we caved in and yielded to her wish. Rosarito is the first small, coastal town as you drive south from San Diego in to Mexico.

The Hotel is located right on the beach with its own Pier running long in to the Pacific. 


Hotel Lobby
View of the hotel from the Pier. We stayed in the Pent House on the 17th Floor.
Entrance to the "El Nido" restaurant. "El Nido" in Spanish means The Nest.

We enjoyed our lunch in naturally decorated courtyard surrounded by "Nests"
The ambiance at the courtyard was outstanding while the food was good!
"Cool Cousins" :))

Remembered the சுரை குடுவை :) 
Horses waiting for riders.
இளநீர் waiting for drinkers.

It happened at the university, while living in Dallas and at the border crossing. 
This guy thought I am a Mexican and started talking to me in Spanish.
Once he realized, he asked me to wear the Sombrero (the hat) and Sarape

(looks like our ஜமக்காளம்)  and transformed me in to an authentic Mexican.
Really enjoyed the interaction. :))

Asha had a field day at the shops. I remembered in 2008, Kumar, Usha and I walking in to Mexico to do some
shopping like this in our border town, Tijuana. Kumar and I had to literally drag Usha out of the shops
as she was refusing to leave the shopping area :))
2 Amigos :)) During this entire trip, Ganesh kept repeating the 4 spanish words he knew: 
"Siesta, Fiesta, Margarita, Senorita" ;)

11 comments:

  1. Thanks VJ :) I spilled some beer on the camera and dropped it once! Suddenly it started taking "classy pics" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sundu, nice pics; You've finally given the camera proper treatment and it is good now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beer battered camera...smells and clicks good. That resturant had interesting decor all thru the place.

    Best was the up the hill/down the hill/over the bridge/under the bridge directions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man! Totally in lov w it that I'm planning to learn Spanish so next year I am going to talk & bargain.... Sundar thanks for taking me finally & this is going to become an nnual tradition now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Siva
    May be, next time I should try Red Wine or Mojito :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Di
    Agree. The hotel directions were hilarious :) The highlight was missing the hi-speed entry lane :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ash
    We told our maid about you and she has agreed to look for a rental apartment for you in Tijuana ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The restaurant looks awesome :) looks like a fun place. May be I will talk to Ganesh mama in Spanish the next time I talk to him ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shalu, Good Luck with Ganesh Mama :)
      He is not going to learn any other new Spanish word :))

      Delete
  9. Fantastic pictures Sundar, Will explore Rosarito with this blog as a reference.

    ReplyDelete