Couple of weeks ago while clicking away the remote, came across this movie. While I am picky about watching only selected US made movies, I always fall for foreign language movies since usually the story happens in a country or locale, I haven't visited yet. For this movie, I had no idea about the actors, the story, the language or the country of origin. This turned out to be a movie from Argentina and I was glad it had sub-titles :)
The story is about a retired criminal investigator who wants to write a novel about an unsolved murder he handled 25 years ago. In the process of digging out more, he ends up solving the mystery. With plenty of twists ans turns, interlaced with the hero's love story, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this movie. The ending is typical for these kind of movies but more than the story, what impressed me the most is the very cool demeanor & natural acting of the hero and others. The direction was superb and hooked me in for the entire length of the movie.
While writing this post today, I learned that this movie won the 2010 Oscar for the best foreign language movie. I patted myself on the back for deciding to watch this movie on the spur of the moment :)
Netflix has the movie. Check it out and enjoy :))
The story is about a retired criminal investigator who wants to write a novel about an unsolved murder he handled 25 years ago. In the process of digging out more, he ends up solving the mystery. With plenty of twists ans turns, interlaced with the hero's love story, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this movie. The ending is typical for these kind of movies but more than the story, what impressed me the most is the very cool demeanor & natural acting of the hero and others. The direction was superb and hooked me in for the entire length of the movie.
While writing this post today, I learned that this movie won the 2010 Oscar for the best foreign language movie. I patted myself on the back for deciding to watch this movie on the spur of the moment :)
Netflix has the movie. Check it out and enjoy :))


I have seen this movie sometime last year ,next day went to my Argentine friend told her I saw the movie!
ReplyDelete... then what happened? :)
ReplyDeleteyeah i want to know that too? Knowing Sri, she would have given him a thayir sadham pottalam:)
ReplyDeletehaha what else it was a ice breaker we became good friends, she was the one who gave me Argentinian wine!
ReplyDelete...then what happened? :) :)
ReplyDeleteour friendship continues :)
ReplyDelete...நீ தேறமாட்டே :))
ReplyDeletewhat else could I do with a married girl :)
ReplyDelete