Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Reliable Wife

I am sure I got your attention with the title :) It is the title of a fiction I read recently. I love reading books and always pick up a new book before going on vacations to read during long flights. Picked up this book without knowing anything about the author and based on the synopsis on the back cover:

         He placed a notice in a Chicago paper, an advertisement for a "reliable wife." She responded, saying that she was "a simple, honest woman."She was, of course, anything but honest, and the only simple thing about her was her single-minded determination to marry this man and kill hm, slowly and carefully, leaving herself a wealthy widow. What Catherine Land did not realize was the enigmatic and lonely Ralph Truitt had a plan of his own.

This happens to be the author's first fiction. While books by unknown authors have turned out to be boring, I couldn't put down this book easily. Read it on the flight to Philly  & back and in D & G's house whenever we were not roaming outside.

Didn't want to give away the plot except the story happens in 1900s Wisconsin and St. Louis :)

Enjoy - if you end up reading the book.





2 comments:

  1. I am not surprised :)

    Sri, if you read the book, you may never get married!!!

    ReplyDelete