In all the other cities I have lived, I have noticed few cars that have customized licence plates instead of the standard mixed jumble of numbers and letters. When I moved to San Diego, the first thing that struck me is that many cars have customized licence plates. Most of them are funny and clever.
Here are some samples with my own interpretation. You never know what the owner of the car actually wanted to convey.
FEL4REX => Fell for Rex
MYMSTR => Love my Master
CASURFN => California Surfing
BIGBLVR => Big Believer
PACGEM => Pacific Gem
XZ MYST => Exciting Mystique
LEGSPNR => Driven by an Indian girl at work.
One day I will ask her if she is really a leg spinner OR
others' legs spin when they look at her :)
Here are some suggestions :)
Sri:
NYNYNY
The guy loves Newyork. Translates in Tamil to நய் நய் நய் :)
Diana:
2SHOOT
Ganesh:
2BUGDi
Siva: HOOTR :)
Sathi: TALAIVR => Thalaivar
Surya: PODIQN => Podi Queen
JP: VIPMVP => Very Important Person. Most Valuable Person.
Mala: AMMAEE => My Mom's Mom!
Priya: TCHRMA => Teacher Amma :)
Asha:
2SHP => Love to shop
Sheila:
2BLG => Love to Blog
Sundu:
2
=> Love to Love
Let your imagination run wild. Lets hear your versions,
Here are some samples with my own interpretation. You never know what the owner of the car actually wanted to convey.
FEL4REX => Fell for Rex
CASURFN => California Surfing
BIGBLVR => Big Believer
PACGEM => Pacific Gem
XZ MYST => Exciting Mystique
LEGSPNR => Driven by an Indian girl at work.
One day I will ask her if she is really a leg spinner OR
others' legs spin when they look at her :)
Here are some suggestions :)
Sri:
The guy loves Newyork. Translates in Tamil to நய் நய் நய் :)
Diana:
Ganesh:
Siva: HOOTR :)
Sathi: TALAIVR => Thalaivar
Surya: PODIQN => Podi Queen
JP: VIPMVP => Very Important Person. Most Valuable Person.
Mala: AMMAEE => My Mom's Mom!
Priya: TCHRMA => Teacher Amma :)
Asha:
Swetha:
2RGU => Love to argue :)
Shreya:
2PPT => Love to use Powerpoint
Sheila:
Sundu:
Let your imagination run wild. Lets hear your versions,
புபசுலி - இது என்னா தெரியுமா?
ReplyDeleteபுலி தோல் போர்த்திய பசு!
பபுலிசு - -?
Hey, Too late, I already have one......GADI (Lot of people thing lot of meaning, You can have one too)
ReplyDeleteBtw, I too have this hobby of cracking the meaning of the license plate
@JP
ReplyDeleteபபுலிசு = பசு தோல் போர்த்திய புலி :)
@D
It is all my training - you are doing it :)
GADI = Ganesh Diana
GADI = Car
Lovely post :)
ReplyDeleteanyways I wont get a car if I m in NYC!
I think Sri's license plate is the best suited
ReplyDeleteesp the tamil translation part :))
u missed me sundu anna :( wat for me?
ReplyDelete@Sundu,
ReplyDeletenice names!:) esply. Sri's!
we already have customized plate 'AMOGH' for my car & 'YATRA' for the other!
If KG is here, my suggestion for KG is - 'OLD MAN' or 'THA THA' , i remember his saying no one writes letter and he has become old....... etc....:):)
sorry for typo 'him'
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete@Suju
ReplyDeleteWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a surprise :)
If you just call me Sundu, drop the Anna, read my blog and post a comment every time, I will come up with one for you :) Deal?
@Priya
YATRA is nice one :). You know there is Malayalam movie by the name "Yathra". Balu Mahendra movie with good story, excellent cinematography and melodious songs. I like this song very much:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWV7czongg
Thanks to you, I am starting my Friday with this song :) :) :)
deal done sundu :) now gimme my plate name soon.. i'am planning to get a Bimmer!!:)
ReplyDelete@Suju
ReplyDeleteHere it is: IAMBOSS
....meaning IAM AMBUDU's BOSS ;)
i like it but i am: PEACE means i am always says peace to siva :)
ReplyDelete